ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE FLUID FOR EXTENDING THE FREEZING TIME OF DRILLING WATER, NO GLYCOL / ALCOHOL
- Slo-Freeze ES when mixed with drilling water slows the freezing process.
- Slo-Freeze ES does not change properties of drilling fluids when added.
- Slo-Freeze ES is not a permanent antifreeze. It is an environmentally safe alternative to help avoid environmental contamination from pumping methanol or similar alcohols onto, or into, the ground.
- Slo-Freeze ES is non-corrosive and offers protection to the tank and pumping system due to its lubricating capabilities, unlike alcohol based systems.
- Slo-Freeze ES, similar to the alcohol based antifreeze, should be used for short periods of time for inactive equipment where water is not drained from the systems.
- Slo-Freeze ES is highly water soluble but will experience partial separation, over extended periods, as do the alcohol based antifreeze.
Designed to reduce freezing issues for the transmission of water in drilling fluids as well as water injection system for air drilling.
For protection in extreme cold weather, mixtures should be 50L of Slo-Freeze to 1000 litres of water. As temperatures and conditions lessen, Slo-Freeze may be further diluted.
*Note: This is not automotive anti-freeze.
**For specific information, or difficult drilling conditions, please contact your local distributor or Control Chemical by telephone or e-mail. *